Winter Weather School Updates
Posted: Nov 17, 2015
Fairview Students & Families,
DPS has comprehensive information located at their website:
Please read through what is posted there about delayed starts and closures, as well as to find links to information about transportation schedule changes for busses and when DPS strives to make announcements about closures/delays.
How to find out about closures or delays:
- Local media – DPS Communications will immediately notify local television and radio stations, which will broadcast regular announcements of school closures. You can also visit DenverChannel.com, 9News.com, KDVR.com and denver.cbslocal.com. Notifications in Spanish will be made on radio newscasts on 1150 AM, 1280 AM and 1090 AM.
- DPS website – Emergency school closures and/or delays are quickly posted on the district homepage at www.dpsk12.org.
- DPS social media – Announcements to close or delay school will quickly be posted to Facebook @Denver Public Schools and Twitter @DPSNewsNow.
- District closure/delay hotline – A message announcing the closure or delay will be left on the school district’s closure hotline at 720-423-3200, as well on the DPS Transportation Services hotline at 720-423-4600.
- Automated calls and emails – Families who provide phone numbers or email addresses to schools will receive a phone call and/or an email announcing any closure or delay due to inclement weather.
For more information about the weather delay schedule, visit transportation.dpsk12.org/safety/weather.